Wil’s Grill Case study, answer the following questions:
1. What are the resources, capabilities and core competencies required to compete in the : How well do Wil’s Grill’s resources, capabilities and core competencies stack up?
2. What does a SWOT analysis for Wi’s Grill reveal about its current position? Use the methodology in Table 4.2 to support your answer. Based on the SWOT, does Wil’s Grill have what it would take to compete in the catering industry?
3. Does it make good strategic sense for Wil’s Grill to be a competitor in both the street food and catering segments? Which one of these product lines – street food and catering segments – do you think is most important to Wil’s Grill’s future growth and profitability? Why?
4. What is your assessment of Wil’s Grill’s financial performance over the 2014-2016 period? (Use the financial ratios in Table 4.1 of the text as a guide in doing your financial analysis)
5. Assess Wil’s Grill’s projections for 2017-2019. Are these realistic? How do you know?
6. What recommendations would you make to Wil’s Grill to address the strategic issues confronting it in 2016 in order to sustain its impressive growth in street food sales and sustain its newly-achieved profitability? Should John Christ expand in its current street food market segment, add a new market segment, catering, or do something else?