1. What are the steps one needs to take to divide words into their constitutive morphs? Illustrate with an example from English morphology.
2. Enumerate the different levels of analysis in linguistics. Why do we need to take into account the correlations between levels to analyze agentive -er compounds like truckdriver?
3. What are some of the criteria that we use to classify the major parts of speech? Select one part of speech in English (noun, verb, adjective, or adverb) to illustrate your answer.
4. What is the difference between inflection and derivation? Enumerate the differences between inflectional and derivational affixes, with a focus on English.
5. What is an allomorph? Explain the concept, giving examples of phonologically conditioned allomorphy and non-phonologically conditioned allomorphy.