Using Microsoft Word provide short answers each of the five questions covering Chapters 1 to 5 of the textbook.
1. What does flow mean in a supply chain context? Explain how material flow relates to information flow in a supply network.
2. Explain what is meant by uncertainty in demand forecasting.
3. What are the challenges and trade-offs for supply chain management in balancing the objectives of profitability, liquidity and asset utilization?
4. What is meant by the term ‘corporate social responsibility’ as it applies to international logistics? Illustrate your answer by referring to the Probo Koala disaster and the issue of child labor in the Sialkot football industry, described in Section 4.7
5. Why is time important to competitive advantage? Identify and explain six key contributions that speed can make to logistics strategy.