STAGECRAFT: CRITIQUING THE PLAY
Answer all of the questions in order using complete sentences.
Each question should be answered thoughtfully, thoroughly, and topically.
Please make sure you include the title of the play you watched, the source for the play (website or link), and the date you watched it.
Be sure your answers are specific to the recorded production you viewed. Answers that are too general won’t earn any credit.
1) In a few sentences, summarize the plot of the play.
2) Did you like the play itself (not the production, but the play)? Explain.
3) Describe the set to the best of your ability. What stood out to you? How did the scenic design help to tell the story? What might you do differently?
4) Describe the costumes to the best of your ability. What stood out to you? How did the costumes help to tell the story? What might you do differently?
5) Describe a few lighting our sound moments that stood out to you. What worked and what didn’t? What might you do differently? Explain your answer.
6) How did the technical elements of the show (set, lights, costume, sound) help to tell the story? Give specific examples.
7) Were there any set changes? If so, how were they executed?
8) What was your favorite part of the production? Explain your answer.
9) What did you learn from viewing this performance that you could apply to your own work in the theater (or life in general)?
10) What were the biggest challenges, in your opinion, to putting this production together and making everything work in the particular environment.
11) Overall, how would you rate the production and why?