Sally is the product of an uncomplicated full-term birth. Her biological mother was reported to be 30 years of age and health. The Biological father was 27 years old. Sally weighted 7lbs at birth and is reported to have had a brief bout of breathing difficulty that was resolved without further incident. She is reported to have met all her developmental milestones within the normal time frame and was receiving care at a nursery school by 18 months of age. Significant events in Sally’s life include the following:
• Parents separated when Sally was approximately 11 months
• Parents officially divorced when She was 2 years old
• Sally moved in with her Maternal Grandparents at 2.5 years of age.
• Sally began to experience academic problems in 3th grade
• Psychoeducational Assessment was conducted at Jon Doe Elementary during 4th grade.
o IEP was recommended under Other Health Impairment due to ADHD. o No other deficits identified.
• Sally transferred to Lady Jane’s after one semester at Alfred E. Neuman Middle School (5th grade)
• Transferred to Jon Doe High for 9th and 10th grades
• Experienced school failure during the latter portion of 10th grade.
What does it suggest?
What would you include in a treatment plan based on the child’s psychological needs?
Explain. Identify at least one ethical issue connected with assessment, and provide at least one strategy for addressing this potential ethical issue.
Sally is the product of an uncomplicated full-term birth. Her biological mother was reported to be 30 years of age and health. The Biological father was 27 years old.