The Question is: How the relevant global developments will enhance or undermine the Iranian proxy groups ability to continue the behavior that currently threaten the U.S. interests?
There are many factures that will shape the future global context like:
- Emerging Technologies (the technological revolution is emerging from the convergence of multiple technologies, in particular, artificial intelligence, robotics, 3D printing, quantum computing, nanotechnology, biotechnology )
- Climate Change (This, in turn, will exacerbate regional and local tensions, adding the burden on civilian and military institutions around the world, including the U.S. military and security professionals will have to confront the challenges it poses to peace and security.)
- Natural Resources (Securing resources that are essential for the success of modern societies is a fundamental motivation for state behavior. Resource security – the ability of societies to access critical resources such as electricity, water or food – is closely associated with regime security. In the modern world, the availability of such resources is less assured.)
- Global Health Security (The importance of global collaborative approach to global health is self-evident today. As the world and its economies grow increasingly interdependent, including extensive international travel and commerce, risks to health become globalized as well. Therefore, improving global health can improve health in the United States and support national and global security interests by fostering political stability, diplomacy, and economic growth worldwide.)
- Migration and Demographics (Some argue that in order to make up for population decline, while maintaining the same social safety net, benefits, tax base, and economic growth, countries need immigrants. Other countries feel threatened and believe that such immigration poses a threat to national identity, as well as jobs, wages, crime, and terrorism).
- The Future of Terrorism ( Unless these intertwined transregional conflicts and tensions are resolved and effective government is restored in the countries of the region, it will remain the terrorist flashpoint for years to come)
The Question is:
How the relevant global developments will enhance or undermine the Iranian proxy groups ability to continue the behavior that currently threaten the U.S. interests?
- Select 2- 3 specific factors that will shape the future global context and explains their significance. For example, first-factor artificial intelligence, specifically the next generation of terror drones. Will they use AI-enabled swarming to become more powerful and deadlier? Or think bigger: will terrorists use self-driving vehicles for their next car bombs and ramming attacks? How about assassinations?. The second factor may be the Climate Change, in particular sea-level rise and drowning coastal cities and ports
- How the selected global developments will enhance or undermine the adversary’s ability to continue the behavior threatening to US interests with special attention to sources of state behavior constituting a threat.
- Makes forecasts with special attention to the impact of changing global circumstances and conditions within and around the adversary.
- Sufficient and reliable evidence is provided in support of the driving argument.