Health Safety and Environment Risk Assessment Plan.
You have been asked to prepare a Health, Safety and Environment Risk Assessment Plan for the project (pre-feasibility study to closure). Part of this Plan will be to define the type of risk assessments that will be required, their purpose and timing, e.g. HAZOP will be required during detailed design of the processing plant.
For this assignment, you are required to develop a Project Health, Safety and Environment Risk Assessment Plan which will address (as a minimum):
▪ Define the type/name of the risk assessment techniques/studies that will be required, e.g. HAZOP, ….
▪ Indicate the purpose and expected outcomes from each risk assessment
▪ Indicate the required timing of each risk assessment (note some techniques/assessments may be used at multiple stages) – at pre-feasibility, at construction etc.??
▪ Indicate the resources that will be required to undertake each risk assessment, e.g. people, time
▪ Comment on any specific international standards or codes (not detailed risk controls) that could be used for the management of cyanide
▪ Make recommendations regarding how the outcomes of each risk assessment should be used /managed. The studies will generate much data over the life of the project – how should data be stored, used etc.?
for part two:
For a project such as that described above, project-wide risk assessment will address topics other than health and safety.
For this assignment, you are required, by reference to the IFC Standards and Guidelines, to:
▪ Identify one other IFC Standard topic (other than safety) which would need to be subject to risk assessment.
▪ Summarise the IFC requirements in relation to risk assessment for that topic.
▪ Indicate broadly the purpose, methodology and expected outcomes of the risk assessment.
▪ Identify the required timing of the risk assessment.
you need to include tables for the risk assessments for each project stages.