Compare and contrast the contributions which Robert Cox, Robert Gilpinmade, Susan Strange and John Ruggie have made to IPE theory
You must answer two (2) questions from this list. Please answer all parts of each question. The best answers will integrate theoretical and empirical material and will reference required readings as appropriate.
Answers should be in essay format. It’s also important to reference (not quote or cite, simply mention their name) relevant authors when explaining ideas/concepts, etc. in your argument.
1.Question on globalization and the role of different actors in supporting it.
2. Question on the political foundations and structural characteristics of the contemporary global political economy.
3. Question on whether or not American power is in decline.
4. Question on the relationship between uneven development and global capitalism.
5. Question on the problem of climate change and the question of how to address it within the context of the global political economy.
6. Question on the future of the global financial system.
7. Question on the multilateral foundations of the global trading system.
Compare and contrast the contributions which any two of these scholars have made to IPE theory. Please identify which tradition of thought each scholar is located within, and how their work contributes to this tradition. Which scholar’s work do you find most compelling, and why?
Robert Cox Robert Gilpin
Susan Strange John Ruggie
IPE= INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ECONOMY