Chronic stress, glucocorticoid receptor resistance, inflammation, and disease risk.
Answer the following questions
1. Describe the symptoms of individuals with the common cold (Rhinovirus). What causes these symptoms?
2. How do glucocorticoids affect the immune system?
3. What is glucocorticoid resistance (GCR)? Propose a hypothesis for how cells acquire GCR.
4. What are the two hypotheses tested in this paper?
5. What was the relationship between stress and GCR?
6. What do proinflammatory cytokines do? What relationship do they exhibit with GCR levels?
7. What are examples of other inflammatory diseases? What implications do the results of this study have for them?