Adsorption system design using engineering principles.
Assesses engineering principles applicable to industrial and hazardous waste management by evaluating steps for an adsorption system design using engineering principles and presenting engineering calculations for waste treatment.
Specifically address the following items:
1. Summarize the Durga, Ramesh, Rose, and Muralidharan Required Unit Resources article.
3. Use from the Yusuff and Olateju article’s equation (7) for the Radke-Prausnitz isotherm to evaluate qe for a Ce lead concentration of 10 mg/L. Show your calculation.
4. Explain how your value of qe determined from the equation compares to the value in Yusuff and Olateju’s article exhibit 10a.
5. Do you think there is an error in the equation? Explain.
6. if the prototype’s wastewater flow is 500 gpd instead of 100 gpd and the influent lead concentration is still 10 mg/L, what would be the lead inflow rate in units of grams per day? Show your calculation.